Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The End

I think this post is a pretty interesting read considering how it was written only a few days before the evolution thing started.

I was planning on writing another blog about this whole thing. I guess you could call this it, but it's not what I was intending to write at first. The argument is over as far as I'm concerned. I have a pretty good feeling that if we keep going back and forth, then in the end it will get us nowhere and at best we will be bitter towards each other. It's clear that we disagree on this issue, and I don't think that anyone is going to be convinced otherwise.

People have commented and raised their concerns about the issue, and I appreciate all that. I appreciate people reading and taking the time to comment. But it becomes a problem when you make assumptions about my character when you don't even know me - when you say that I came to my conclusions because I'm stubborn or not open to being wrong. If you have a problem with my argument, then attack the argument. But if part of your point is that I have a character flaw that makes me come to these conclusions, then leave it out - especially if it's an assumption. The reason it sounds like I believe what I've been talking about is because I believe what I've been talking about. You could make that criticism of just about anyone involved in this argument and be right.

I have found that the only reason I would continue this argument is because of pride, which is not a good reason at all. I value relationships a lot more than I value winning arguments, and I don't want to do anything that will strain those relationships. If this keeps going, that may happen. We can agree to disagree. I think that would be better than going back and forth, tearing down each other in the process.

I hope I haven't offended anybody in this whole thing. I apologize if I have. We are all trying to follow Jesus here and we all have good intentions, but I just think it would be best if we left it alone for now.

At least that's what I'm going to do.