Sunday, May 25, 2008

BITR: The Hilldale Hookup

Springtime is here and love is in the air at Hilldale. As the trees and flowers have started to bloom outside we have also seen love (i.e. mutual attraction or something like that) blossom throughout the youth group. At baseball games and in the middle of worship services we have seen the drama unfolding right in front of our eyes. Yes, just like a worn out, daytime soap opera we have watched teenagers fall in and out of love (mutual attraction or something like that) while others seem to be left on the outside looking in, hoping that maybe someday they can get in on the hormone carousel that is the Hilldale Hookup.

I have thought long and hard about what kind of insight I could add to this subject. I have lost sleep at night over this. There is such consequence, so much of a burden to bear when you are dealing with this. So after deliberating in my head for a couple of weeks I have been able to sum up my feelings on the Hookup in this one sentence:

If you play with fire, you're gonna get burned.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I am one of those on the outside looking in, but I have really no desire to be on the inside. No offense to anyone or anything.

stephanie said...

I DESIRE TO BE ON THE INSIDE. DANIELLE, PLEASE FORWARD MY PHONE NUMBER TO NATHANIEL.

andy said...

"the hormone carousel"

beautiful.

as the man in (somewhat) charge of these little spider monkeys, i have to say i don't like it. it's too hard to keep up with.

Anonymous said...

i just prefer to point and laugh

Cat Herself. said...

haha
You know Matt, you're right.
Some people from Hilldaleee go from one relationship to another, *cough* Faith and friends *cough*. lol

But it is fun to watch, well, until they start getting annoying...

I really do think we need our own sitcom. hahaha

DEUCES.<3

Davis {the other white meat} said...

yea i agree with catherine on this matt