Wednesday, June 6, 2007

it's good to have friends

I just want to write that it's really good to have friends. It is. And since I write so much negative stuff I just want to put this quick message out. We all (most of the refugees) got to talk after church tonight for about an hour. I guess that's what happens when you get us all together and somebody mentions Hopewell; but it was a really good conversation we had. I walked away feeling really good and happy, not angry and spiteful. Overall we talked about Jesus and how much these past few months have taught us about following Him. I believe more and more I am understanding the true gospel of Jesus. Like when I'm at work or even at home I just hate getting all the "messages" the world is sending me and I hate all the negative thoughts that come into my mind sometimes.

To be honest, I didn't really feel like going to church tonight. But I'm so glad I went because the message Andy gave, the simple message that God loves me, really meant so much. It was refreshing like a cool drink of water. I'm also glad because the kids sang real loud and I felt like we were all a group worshipping God rather than I was the guy trying to get everybody to worship. There was something familial about it - there was something good about it.

If you guys read this (you know who you are), I just want you to know you mean more than I can say. Any type of conversation, whether just a goofy one or a real heart to heart, means more to me than even I realize. I take it forgranted. I'm glad that, though we lost many people; we didn't fall apart. And because there are people in my life who care about me, things have been much easier than they could have been. I love you guys.

Faith, hope, and love;

-Matt

No comments: