Monday, February 9, 2009

Road Blocks

Tonight, after I got home from work, I spent about an hour of my time typing out a blog only to scrap it in the end. This has been happening a lot lately and I'm not sure why. My drafts have gone up from 90 to 103 in the past month while my posts have hardly increased at all.

I would like to get some thoughts down, but I keep hitting road blocks. My ideas don't make sense or I don't write it clear enough and am too lazy to clean it up. Maybe I'm taking this too seriously.

Either way, while I am dealing with said road blocks, I offer you this nugget of brilliance by my favorite author Donald Miller. He's got a book coming out late this year, and I can't wait. This blog post reminded me why I'm such a fan. Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

This sounds like me. I have several drafts that I will probably never post.
I can't seem to be able to write anything these days...

Matt Benton said...

Yeah this sucks! We need a way to get the creative juices flowing again.