Tuesday, June 10, 2008

BITR: I would punch a toddler for ______.

What in the world could I possibly want so badly that I would punch a toddler? I think a better question is what wouldn't I punch a toddler for? Look at this kid. He is mean, arrogant, whiny, and extremely self-centered. There is only one cure for that - a very serious butt-kicking.

Spare the rod, spoil the child. That's what the Bible says. But this isn't about my personal parenting convictions. This is a blog about what I want, and what I would do to get it.

I will tell you exactly what I want: world peace. I'm tired of all the violence in this world. I'm tired of the wars and school shootings. Why in the world would a child shoot another child? It is both sad and extremely frightening to know that I live in a world where these things take place. Parents stuff their kids in closets and leave them there for years and sharks eat their own young. That is just plain sick if you ask me.

I want to see a world where we all live in peace. I want a world where President George W. Bush can sit down with President Mahmoud Ahajiamiadnineig7eghjad and talk peacefully about bombing their enemies. A world where the American can get along with the al-Qaida terrorist, and the people who go to church can get along with, well, the other people who go to church. I believe in a world where peace reigns over war and where no one will be oppressed regardless of ethnicity, race, religion, social status, etc. I believe in a world where parents do not beat their children for no good reason and where the kids on the playground don't bully each other. Children are precious to this world, the sign and hope of our future. If we try to do anything that would hurt them then we are only hurting ourselves.

So you say, "Matt, what would you do to bring peace to this world?"

I tell you, I would do anything. I would do anything within my limited abilities to make this world a better place.

"Would you even punch a toddler?"

You better believe I would, twice if I had to.

6 comments:

stephanie said...

matt, seriously? you want world peace? are you trying to be miss america? or ghandi? you dont want something obtainable like an xbox 360 or a trip to new zealand? thats almost like george bush thinking he can justify terrorism in another country. unobtainable. give up. best advice you'll ever receive.

Elizabeth said...

I think that Matt is the mean, arrogant, whiny, and extremely self-centered one here; not the kid. Just kidding

But seriously, who doesnt want world peace. But I hate to break it to ya, but its never gonna happen.

And slapping a kid in the face(twice if needed) is not very peaceful if you ask me. In fact, I think its kinda bullyish.

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth why did you put just kidding? I know you weren't. Matt is all those things and more. He is also a terrorist remember? So it comes as no surprise to me that he would punch a toddler.

andy said...

punching toddlers should be an olympic sport.

Kevin Brown said...

peace through violence! Brilliant!

Anonymous said...

ANDY! NO!

I am not good w/kids. But I would never punch a toddler. Ever.