Monday, March 24, 2008

The List: Top 20 Andrew Osenga Songs


My friend Jeremy has inspired me to pick up on the habit of making lists and posting them as blogs. For my first one, I decided to list my 20 favorite songs by an artist I've only been listening to for a little over two years: Andrew Osenga.

If you don't know of Andrew Osenga, you should learn. Andy O is the former vocalist and rhythm guitar player for The Normals, a band that recorded three albums but broke up several years ago. Now, Osenga plays electric guitar and writes songs for Caedmon's Call and has a few solo albums as well. One interesting thing to know about him is that he got his toe cut off a few years ago in a lawn mower accident.

If you would like to download some good music for free, Andy O has an EP available for download on his website, which is at the top of my links section to the right. Some songs off of this EP appear on the forthcoming list.

Let me go ahead and say that this list includes Caedmon's Call songs written by Andrew Osenga along with songs from his solo album. So not every song is actually sung by him, but they are all written, at least in part, by him. The list does not include any Normals songs, because I only have their first record, which kind of sucks.

Anyways, on to the list...

20. Beautiful Girl
19. Photograph
18. Santa Barbara
17. There is a Reason
16. Expectations
15. Love
14. New Beginning
13. Baby, Don't Worry
12. If I Had Wings...
11. The Man of the House
10. Wanted
9. Sacred
8. Marilyn
7. Swing Wide the Glimmering Gates
6. White Dove
5. When Will I Run
4. Hold The Light
3. Kara
2. House of Mirrors
1. Early in the Morning

So there you have it, the 20 best Andy Osenga songs. I'll probably wake up in the morning and feel completely different, wanting to move certain songs up or down the list. But oh well, there it is.

No comments: